The Trustees of Reservations
Weir River Farm
Farm Blog
A Trustees Property
Moose Hill Farm CSA
CSA Info | Educational Programs | Get Involved | Meat & Egg Program | Visit Weir River Farm


Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Weir River Farm Blog 10/11

Happy Tuesday! As of this afternoon, our main field is officially empty - all plants have been disced, all plastic has been lifted, and cover crop has been sewn.  I want to give one last shout out to my lovely and reliable volunteers who made this season possible - it was an incredibly difficult summer and I couldn't have done it on my own.

The chestnut hill blog hasn't gone up yet so I can't paste the share here, but it will be very similar to last week's.

I'll be selling our garlic this week at the CSA, here at the details on pricing and availability:

 We are starting to sell our own Weir River Farm garlic crop this week. It's a mix of hardneck and softneck varieties and pricing is by size of the heads. 

Jumbo size (averaging 7 heads/lb) 14.00
Large (averaging 10 heads/lb) 12.00
Medium (averaging 15-17 heads/lb) 10.00
Small (averaging 18-21 heads/lb) 8.00

I'll see many of you on Thursday - have a great week!

- Casey

PS - 3 more CSA's, don't forget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment