The Trustees of Reservations
Weir River Farm
Farm Blog
A Trustees Property
Moose Hill Farm CSA
CSA Info | Educational Programs | Get Involved | Meat & Egg Program | Visit Weir River Farm


Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Weir River Farm Blog 9/27

Happy Tuesday, and a rainy one at that! Now that the season is ending, we get a full week of rain, huh? Funny how that goes.  First I want to thank all the volunteers who helped me seed, weed, transplant, and harvest this summer.  As the lone farmer this year on the property, I couldn't have done it without you.

We have 5 more CSA's, and this week will be the final chance to pick your own flowers.  No matter how many stems the sign says (20, I believe), I encourage you to stop by the field after grabbing your share and cutting as many stems as you like.  There are still some gorgeous flowers blooming out there, and by Thursday next week they'll likely be gone.

Just a reminder - I know that is can be harder to get to the CSA, with summer over and school in session. Don't forget that with a quick email to me (ciamster8@gmail.com), your share can be put aside in the yellow house fridge where it can sit through the weekend until its more convenient to get.
Des hasn't posted the share yet so I can't copy/paste it for ya'll (she's down a farm hand so I'm sure she's strapped for time) but I'm fairly certain it will be the same as last week, with maybe a change or two.

Have a great week, enjoy the fall weather.

- Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment